|Cooley Law School Stadium owner: City of Lansing -- Lansing, MI
Architect: HNTB Corporation -- Kansas City, MO
General Contractor: Clark Construction -- Lansing, MI
First Pitch: April 1996
Jackson Field Dimensions: LF 305'; LC 380'; CF 395; RC 412'; RF 305'
Wall Height: LF corner: 23'; LF-LC: 8'; CF: 20'; RC-RF: 8'; RF corner: 23'
- Construction at the park was completed in only one year by local craftspeople and contractors.
- Stadium construction required 60,000 worker hours; 70,000 bricks; 2,700 gallons of paint; 6,500 cubic yards of concrete and 400 tons of steel.
- Cooley Law School Stadium is owned by the City of Lansing and was financed by six local banking institutions.
- The stadium offers 20 luxury suites.
- Cooley Law School Stadium boasts six full service concession stands in addition to numerous concession vendors.
- Players and management maintain on-site office, training and workout facilities at the ballpark.
- In addition to a number of game-day merchandise outlets, the team's primary retail store, "Nuts & Bolts" is located at the stadium and is open year-round.
- Cooley Law School Stadium is completely accessible to the physically-challenged, making it one of the most accessible ballparks in the country.
- The stadium's playing field is comprised of approximately 17,500 square yards of sod.
- The scoreboard can interface with VCR and DVD for prerecorded information, and be linked for live telecast or sideline video camera usage.
- The infield mix is 60% clay, 25% sand and 15% brick dust.
- Tours for Cooley Law School Stadium are available for fans throughout the season:
For more information and available dates call the Lugnuts at (517)485-4500 ext. 221
Stadium Security Guidelines:
In order to ensure the safety and comfort of our fans, while maintaining a safe environment, the following security procedures are in place:
- All persons, bags and personal items are subject to inspection before entering Cooley Law School Stadium.
- NO food, beverages or containers are allowed inside the ballpark.
- NO weapons are allowed inside the facility.
- Animals are not allowed in the ballpark, with the exception of special events and service animals.
- Cooley Law School Stadium is a non-smoking facility. Fans wishing to smoke may exit the park through designated gates after having their hand stamped for re-admittance.